Territory Manager - CIVA / Pharmacy
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The role of the Territory Manager (TM) is to drive sustainable long-term sales growth with existing, and new customers, through team-work with Marketing, Strategic Relations Manager, Sales Management, other relevant internal colleagues, and CIVA Operations while utilizing a consultative sales process. The TM is expected to be the product subject matter expert within the Pharmacy fulfillment portfolio, identifying opportunities through discussions with Hospital Pharmacists, DUE Pharmacists, IV Preparation Supervisors and key individuals from patient care areas. The individual is also accountable for the achievement of sales targets, maintaining a pipeline of opportunities, and developing and maintaining business relationships with buying influences in relevant departments and functions across the customer base.
Manage Customer Relationships and Accounts within Territory:
• Maintain, establish and develop strong relationships with key decision makers and committees within key hospitals top grow and maintain sales budget for pharmacy assigned products
• Problem solve and own customer issues, while ensuring all parties and team members are kept informed of relevant information and resolution, in order to enhance customer loyalty and revenue generation
• Maintain knowledge of competitive practices to better position Baxter to win.
• Provide feedback and keep in close communication with the Sales Manager and business leads around customer needs, sales objections, competitive advantage levers and competitor’s activities and overall market/customer trends. Document relevant insights and data in Salesforce.com
• Segment customers in the territory that is aligned with Marketing segmentation model
• Execute appropriate sales and marketing tactics as per sales Plan Of Action (POA)
Key Clinical Call Points:
Pharmacy, Nurse Managers/Directors, key P&T committee members, Patient Care Areas for relevant CIVA offerings.
- Manage and plan activities to achieve sales targets and maintain current market share
• Grow and maintain key product sales(CIVA, Mini-Bag Plus, Elastomerics, etc) in territory as per marketing strategic plans
• Achieve territory budget plan
• Apply product and market expertise to promote a high degree of awareness of Baxter’s products, services, programs, and therapies with customers to achieve sales targets through the use of clinical tools and resources.
• Participate in the account strategic plan development and execute the sales POA (Plan of Action)
• Take the lead to respond to RFPs while partnering with Contracts, Strategic Relationship Manager, Marketing, Sales Management and other key internal stakeholders to negotiate/execute contracts by providing subject matter expertise and coordination with their business leads/marketers to incorporate standard wording and overall response
• Apply product and market expertise to promote a high-degree of awareness and early system adoption of Baxter IV Therapy and Pharmacy products and sales
• Effective utilization of and adherence to sales and marketing tools
Pharmacy Specific Responsibilities:
• Promote a high degree of awareness of Baxter’s Pharmacy products, services and programs in targeted hospitals
• Grow CIVA and Drug Delivery and Elastomeric businesses in Key Accounts
• Grow products within the IPA portfolio
- Maintain Product / Therapy Expertise:
• Responsible for self-directed and on-going proficiency of product and therapy expertise
• Attend company training and utilize clinical resources to enhance knowledge and learning
• Attend trade shows, conferences and conventions as required
Timely and Efficient Completion of Administrative Tasks:
• Expense reports, internal and external communication, conferences etc.
• Monthly report on activities
• Maintain activity tracking within CRM called Boost (Salesforce.com)
• Optimize the use of and adherence to sales and marketing tools
• Attend weekly WIG call to update on commitments and monthly CIVA call on wins, challenges, support needed, and focus moving forward
• University Degree
• Masters level Degree in Business or Science related field
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Business and/or Science
• Business, Science, and Therapeutic Sales Experience
Type of Experience
• Sales experience: Devices, Capital Equipment, Pharmacy Services, Pharmaceuticals and/or Hospital
• Hospital sales and/or Pharmacy Services
Years of Experience
• 2-3 years of sales experience and/or experience in the related field
• Baxter knowledge
• Knowledge of IV Sterile Compounding
• 4-10 years of proven sales experience
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Proven ability to build strong Customer Relationships
• Strong communication skills including listening
• Strong presentation and influencing skills
• Strong business acumen
• Strategic thinker
• Analytical capability
• Ability to work well in a Team Environment and work Independently
• Ability to manage a complex Sales Environment including managing multiple projects
• Proven track record of success
• Manage a changing environment
• Solutions Oriented
• Medical Sales Experience
• Clinical Experience
• Knowledge of Baxter processes, products and services
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.