Manager, Sales Contracts
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter BioPharma Solutions (BPS) offers contract manufacturing (CMO) services for sterile injectable and high potency drugs to over 100 large, medium and small pharma clients across the globe. We are responsible for identifying and closing contract manufacturing opportunities for our sterile fill/finish injectable manufacturing facilities in Bloomington, Indiana (sterile non-cytotoxic injectables); Halle, Germany (sterile cytotoxic injectables), and Round Lake, Illinois (IV Premixes).
The Manager I, Sales Contracts is responsible for the initiation, administration, and negotiation of B2B sterile manufacturing contracts (including development, clinical and commercial) to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, quality requirements and customer specifications. This position reports to Manager II, Sales Contracts.
This person must have a solid understanding of B2B contract development with the ability to think critically and strategically to shape BPS contract opportunities. He/she will work with the contracting and sales teams to develop and finalize client contracts, contract amendments, and confidentiality agreements and interpret key contract provisions to support client relationships and business reviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Contract Negotiation
- Review, interpret and understand / develop contract provisions and negotiation positions.
- Maintain communication to ensure timely execution by the parties.
- Work with clients and internal functional areas to reach agreement on business, legal, quality and technical aspects of a contract. Draft contract language to meet internal requirements as well as regulatory requirements from multiple regulatory agencies.
- Advise management and functional areas of contractual rights and obligations.
- Contract Implementation
- Examine contract documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist various technical personnel in understanding supply agreement obligations.
- Answer contractual related questions.
- Assist with various contract compliance initiatives.
- Contract Administration
- Maintain contractual information including negotiation status and agreed upon terms and conditions in appropriate database.
- Oversee administration of contractual information including generation of reports for tracking and communicating contract requirements.
- Drafting agreements and other legal documents to ensure internal requirements are met.
- Periodically review quality agreements and other contract-related documents for consistency with supply agreements.
- Accomplished, highly motivated, intellectually curious, critical thinker with solid attention to detail and an understanding of contracts and negotiation.
- Must be highly proficient in reviewing, understanding, interpreting, issue spotting, drafting and negotiating various business agreements.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to be able to interact with clients and internal functional areas. Must have the ability to address contract issues without adversely affecting Baxter’s negotiation position.
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD or Paralegal preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant business contracts and pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: SharePoint, Salesforce.com, iManage etc.).
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
- Position may require sitting or standing for long hours of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.