Lead Assembler - Manufacturing
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all lines have appropriate labor to meet expectations and manages MAR operator assignment
- Maintains contact with customer departments to insure awareness of any product or process problems that affect customer satisfaction.
- Leads initiatives to maintain a continues improvement environment around the Manufacturing operations by implementing and innovating with six sigma, lean manufacturing, VSM’s, 6‘s’’ and any other philosophies that will reduce waste, increase productivity, quality and safety.
- Controls and executes production shift schedule and works with support departments to set up actions when they are not achieved.
- Identifies, communicate and work on issues in a good timing to avoid impact in production schedule and/or operations.
- Assigns workers to work stations to meet production requirements and insures specifications, GMP’s and GDP’s are followed. In depth knowledge of manufacturing systems, operations and work centers.
- Follows quality procedures to identify and address Regulatory and Operational issues.
- Documents and records regulatory requirements in the Batch folder (parameters, test, verifications, etc)
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Optimizes product and material flow to meet daily build plan.
- Assist in updating procedures for his/her process according to regulations, internal and corporate procedures and Baxter specifications and policies.
- Enforces company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Maintains an appropriate labor-management relationship with subordinates. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Insures GMP's, GDP's and any EHS requirement are followed in areas of responsibility.
- Assist root cause analysis and investigations to address safety, quality and/or productivity issues.
Qualifications for this role
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of corporate specifications and plant standard operating procedures.
Knowledge of Bill of Material process.
Must have good documentation practices, and strong interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma preferred or equivalent experience, consistent with department process/product requirements.
- Prior experience with mechanical, electrical equipment, and troubleshooting of problems.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.