Director, Purchasing - Supplier Development Engineering
Director, Supplier Development Engineering
Round Lake, IL
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Develop and manage global Direct Material supply base of 5000+. Supplier scope includes, Raw Materials, Chemicals, Pharma, Packaging, Hardware, API, Compounding, TPFG and ECM suppliers. Responsible for supporting PSM in driving cost savings opportunities with suppliers, resolving supply continuity issues with suppliers, supplier process / manufacturing verification in support of new product launch activities. Develop and implement Supplier Quality Engineering processes and standards that align with product quality, manufacturing processes and Supplier Quality assurance areas within Baxter. Responsible for driving results that minimize supplier disruption and improve supplier readiness. Relentless in searching for, identifying, and capturing cost reduction and value enhancement opportunities through SNC process, VIP workshops, VA/VE events. Develop standardized Supplier Quality Engineering tools, processes and reports.
Effectively manages long-term relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Bachelor's Degree; MBA desirable. CPM preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant business experience with at least 5 as a manager.
- High level technical aptitude. Engineering, Chemical or other Technical training.
- Ability to think strategically and globally.
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholder interests and expectations.
- In depth knowledge of complex pricing arrangements and supplier profitability.
- Strong ethical background.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong decision maker surrounding multi-million dollar contracts and agreements and major policies.
- Risk management skill set required to drive innovative solutions and problem solving analysis and resolution.
- Seasoned negotiator with knowledge of cost tools such as material breakdown, benchmarking, value analysis, value engineering, complex RFQ’s and innovative purchasing tools.
- Strong quality knowledge in areas of root cause analysis, problem solving, continuous improvement, corrective and preventative action, product quality assurance systems and supplier performance development and evaluation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.