Transportation Analyst I
Req #: 1800032K_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Supply Chain
Date Posted: 1/31/2018 2:59:30 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinate and track requests, and compare proposals and quotes from various providers for management review.
- Identify and develop business rules to improve and streamline departmental processes. Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and standardized tools to ensure adherence to operational and departmental processes.
- Prepare, maintain, review, and distribute metrics and reports to detect market and global organization transportation trends and monitor and manage process adherence. Recognize and communicate opportunities for cost reduction, performance improvements, and process enhancements.
- Leverage technology and maintain automated systems to achieve department objectives.
- Collaborate with team members, internal customers, and external partners to actively lead and support cross functional initiatives to drive improved overall business performance.
- Analyze cost and performance data
Qualifications for this role
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work across functional and organizational lines
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment to effectively meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree, supply chain/logistics field preferred
- 2+ Years' experience in Logistics
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.