Sr. Manager, Operations Excellence
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- The Operational Excellence Manager, Enterprise Management System
- will provide coordination, coaching, training and assessment of our Enterprise Management System (EMS) implementation throughout Baxter Global Operations (manufacturing and support functions).
- This includes the practical application of Lean tools and development of Systems Level Leadership to promote a culture of continuous improvement and enhance behaviours to drive superior business results.
- The role requires a thorough understanding of the philosophy behind the Enterprise Management System and of how, through growing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement, superior business results are achieved, balancing People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- The OpEx Manager, EMS must demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and consulting type skills with the ability to influence cross functional teams to ensure the implementation of recommendations to improve operating efficiencies and effectiveness.
- These responsibilities call for a strong character, a proven leader with a track record of driving change across the business. The position requires outstanding analytical abilities, as well as a methodical, systematic mindset given the complexity of the position’s scope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and coordination of the Regional/Business Unit EMS visits.
- Analyze EMS plans and progress and engage with sites and functions to facilitate, mentor, teach and develop, enabling success of the deployment throughout the region
- Grow the strength of EMS deployment in the company and in the sites through the development of EMS Site Leads and Site Leadership Teams responsible for EMS implementation.
- Work with sites & training teams to deliver targeted EMS training and demonstrate use of Lean concepts.
- Assess, coach and provide constructive feedback to team to strengthen competencies and promote systems level thinking.
- Establish an EMS Centre of Excellence. Facilitate and lead a process of knowledge transfer and sharing of best demonstrated practices.
- Guide, motivate and inspire Business, Region, Site, Value Stream and process leaders and owners to reach business and financial targets through EMS, while encouraging change leadership across the region.
- Continuously assess and measure the effectiveness of approaches and tools within the scope of EMS, staying aligned with the Global EMS evolution throughout.
- Benchmark EMS and Continuous Improvement mechanisms and spread best practice across the network.
Qualifications for this role
- High analytical skills
- High competence in lean manufacturing/methodology, tools and analysis
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred
- Competence in loss/cost/capacity analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strategic and tactical thinking
- High leadership skills
- Excellent technical understanding
- Good understanding of economics
- Efficient communicator
- Fluent in English, other language a bonus
- Project/program management
Good knowledge of MS Office
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt certification, with a minimum 7 years of business process improvement experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an international company, interacting with diverse locations across the globe.
- Ability to apply sound business principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of operational and strategic challenges and problems in difficult and deadline driven situations. Identify key issues, gather, analyze and synthesize data to support hypotheses and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical or highly regulated environment a plus.
- (Including strong knowledge and experience of quality systems, GMP’s, FDA guidelines, statistical analysis and process control, including process validation)
It is assumed that this individual will travel 30-40% including international and domestic travel
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.