Req #: 1800033P_en
Location: Old Toongabbie, NSW AU
Job Category: Supply Chain
Date Posted: 1/30/2018 7:12:32 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter is currently seeking an Inventory Specialist to join our team in Toongabbie, reporting to the NSW Distribution Manager. The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain inventory integrity to meet Corporate Quality and financial compliance requirements, ensure internal and external customers are the focus of the operational team by improving inventory management, accuracy and reporting, and identify and participate in key Distribution improvement projects.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Liaise with internal and external bodies to ensure compliance with necessary regulatory, quality, environmental, health and safety standards and deadlines.
• Develop a safety-first culture through behavioural based safety and compliance techniques and management.
• Ensure mandatory training is completed in a timely manner
• Participate in internal and external audits.
• Business relationships reflect the basic principles of shared values through acting with integrity, respect for individuals, responsiveness to quality, teamwork, empowerment and innovation.
• Support and develop our EMS processes within areas of control
• Attend and contribute to operational team meetings
• Review relevant KPI’s and interpret information to identify opportunities for operational efficiencies. Develop distribution techniques and practices that determine conformity with receipt and shipping requirements.
• Create continuous improvement agendas with the Distribution Operational Managers and Supervisors across ANZ.
• Identify and assist in the use and understanding of JDE amongst the Supply Chain Team.
• Ensure processes are in place so that inventory is compliant to Baxter standards.
• Manage the pre-determined periodic inventory counts of finished goods.
• Maintain a record of inventory record accuracy performance versus our targets.
• Weekly meetings hosted with operational leaders to review inventory results and discuss improvement plans.
• Review of interim location inventory with the aim to eliminate unnecessary usage and improve operational performance.
QualificationsDo you have what it takes to build a career here?
Skills & Qualifications
• Logistic Management tertiary qualifications or relevant industry experience
• Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling Certification / experience
• JDE/SAP experience – Essential
• Computer and spreadsheet skills
• Influencing stakeholders
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Applications close 14th February 2018.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.