Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Coordinates and evaluates chemical laboratory workload. Provides technical support to the chemistry laboratory personnel. Performs chemistry laboratory schedule and tests to avoid delay in the release of the product, assuring a quality and safety work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the duties for laboratory analysts.
- Responsible to achieving accurate laboratory testing results lies with the analyst who is performing the test.
- Should be aware of potential problems that could occur during the testing process and should watch for problems that could create inaccurate results.
- Approves and reviews documents, assures that the Department complies with internal and external regulations and standards.
- Performs any work to avoid the delay in the release of the product.
- Generates, reviews and approves documentation in accordance with current Good Documentations Practices (cGDP's)'s and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's).
- Should be able to work on special projects as assigned. Complies with the established milestones for projects.
- Audits chemical test procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in the laboratory.
- Informs to Senior Technician to requests and order all materials required in the laboratory on a timely basis to assure an efficient performance of the laboratory.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the chemical laboratory indicators.
- Performs statistical data evaluation as needed (eg. Water Analysis, etc.)
- Supports training activities in SOP's and changes, when required
- Participates in any coordination/revise any data revision related to qualification studies related to existing or new product, stock number..
- Support Analyst in the work coordination and review of qualification studies.
- Must measure and control Chemical Indicators.
- Sanitize the work areas before and after operations.
- Must keep the work area in the most clean and order conditions.
- Participate in chemistry lab audit and other departmental area.
- Should be able to work within minimum supervision.
- Should be able to work at any shift and extra hours when it's required. Should be able to work with many projects and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Team worked oriented.
- Performs internal audits to areas of responsibility and document findings and suggestions to improve processes.
- Performs laboratory Investigations, when requested.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal and external audits. Fully bilingual (English and Spanish languages).
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- cGMP's Training, Chemist license, and other trainings, certificates or licenses that the immediate supervisor refers.
- Observes and promotes company security, industrial hygiene, cGMP's, procedures and other security measures already established by the company; should inform any violation.
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Chemistry; five years related experience; Chemist License and Certification; working knowledge of all areas of the chemical laboratory (Initial, Raw Material, In-Process, Finals, Water Analysis).
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy