Senior Manager, Operations Excellence
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
In your role as Sr Manager of Operational Excellence you will provide coordination, coaching, training and assessment of our Enterprise Management System (EMS) implementation through Baxter Global Operations.
Through a thorough understanding of the philosophy behind the Enterprise Management System and the implementation and application of Lean tools and Systems Level Leadership, you will promote a culture of continuous improvement to drive superior business results.
You must be a proven leader with the ability to demonstrate outstanding analytical abilities as well as a methodical mindset due to the complexities inherent in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide leadership and coordination of the Regional/Business Unit EMS visits.
· Analyze the EMS plans and facilitate the success of the deployment throughout the region.
· Work with sites & training teams to deliver targeted EMS training and demonstrate use of Lean concepts.
· Establish an EMS Centre of Excellence. Facilitate and lead a process of knowledge transfer and sharing of successful practices.
· Guide and motivate process leaders and owners to reach business and financial targets.
· Benchmark EMS and spread best practice across the network.
· BS/BA degree of equivalent in Business Management, Engineering or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
· Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt certification, with a minimum 7 years of Business process improvement experience.
· 3 years’ experience working in a multinational company interacting with diverse locations around the globe.
· Experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical, healthcare or highly regulated environment a plus.
· Highly analytical skills
· High competence in lean manufacturing/methodology, tools and analysis
· Competent in loss/cost/capacity analysis.
· Capable of clear and concise communication.