Clinical Sales Specialist
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
You will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package as well as opportunities for professional growth and will enjoy autonomy, achievement and collegial support in a supportive and rewarding work environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this key account management and clinical education role for VIC and WA, you will report to the Manager, Chronic Sales – Renal (VIC, TAS and SA). You will be responsible for the delivery of Sales and KPI targets and providing superior quality education and training on Baxter Haemodialysis products and equipment.
• Manage key customer accounts for the Haemodialysis division to maximise sales by identifying and pursuing growth opportunities, ensuring delivery of both commercially competitive offerings
• Executes sales strategies, sales plans and objectives, marketing and sales programs
• Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders (Healthcare Professionals e.g. Nephrologist, Intensivists and Nurses; Hospital Management) and internal customers (Marketing, Procurement, QA, Customer Service)
• Support the education/training requirements of each Health Care Professional
• Plan, prepare and present training sessions in both formal and informal modes to promote competence and confidence in the use of Baxter products
• Conduct and evaluate equipment and product trials and installations to facilitate and drive the sales process and customer acceptance
• Provide first line phone and on-site clinical / technical support / troubleshooting for Baxter equipment and products
• Provide volume, sales and expense forecasts
• Effectively implement and execute the relevant marketing / sales strategy
• Introduce new products to existing and potential customers in line with product launch plans, providing feedback on product use and acceptance
• Participate in quality initiatives by suggesting and implementing improvements
• Monitor market trends and competitor activities within the territory and liaise with Marketing on key findings
• Provide superior customer service to Baxter clients and key stakeholders
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
The ideal background will include experience in Renal sales and education roles, however, medical devices, nursing or dietician experience will be highly relevant:
• Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in the field of nursing, science or technology (eg. Health Science, Bioscience, Science or similar)
• At least 5 years technical and/or clinical experience
• Sales / Account Management role in Renal - ideal
• Experience in relevant therapeutic area - Renal or Intensive Care (technician, nurse, intensive care or similar)
• Education / Training role in biomedical or devices field – highly desirable
• Sales experience in the medical devices industry - highly regarded
• Knowledge / ability to interpret clinical papers
• Well developed presentation and communication skills
• Proven relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong customer focus and a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
• Current drivers licence
• Intermediate Microsoft skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Ability to work autonomously with a drive and determination to succeed
Why Baxter? A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
For further information, please contact Charlotte Williams on (02) 9848 1236.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.