Big Data Analytics Sr. Programmer Analyst
Big Data Analytics Sr. Programmer Analyst
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter is investing in people and processes to expand our abilities to create predictive analytic and big data solutions. Be the key data science and analytics team member contributing to the review, design, development, implementation and support of brand new solutions to meet various data science and analytic use cases on the global analytics team. This will include growing with us and learning some applications with little or no current in-house knowledge in the big data and predictive analytics spaces. Become a team member on this highly visible, exciting global initiative.
· Design, develop, implement and support solutions to meet various predictive and big data analytic needs. These will include learning some applications with little or no in-house knowledge. Solutions will be built in the AWS ecosystem, but likely will include non-AWS native products as well.
· Become the application expert and create detailed user and administrative documentation and media for various new analytic tools and platforms.
· Provide high level of technical support, as needed, and perform root cause analysis for problems experienced within areas of functional responsibility and propose solutions to prevent recurring problems.
· Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise and serve as a support resource to other Baxter employees.
· Provide technical support for additional analytic platforms as assigned, likely to include Tableau and Oracle APEX.
Key Experiences & Attributes
• Experience coding with various predictive analytic technologies, including at least Spark, R or Python. GUI-based solutions such as Alteryx, Knime, or SPSS are a plus.
• Experience with various big data technologies preferred, such as the Apache Hadoop stack, Spark, NoSQL databases and AWS solutions.
• Experience with data visualization tools, Cognos Analytics or Tableau preferred.
• Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required. Must be able to document technical requirements in written form.
• Creativity in addressing technical challenges. Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and be able to partner with both technical teams and business customers.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently, under minimal direct supervision according to a project plan.
• Preferred: strong understanding of database design concepts and experience writing SQL queries
• Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Informatics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, or equivalent experience required.
• Must have 2+ years of experience in developing or supporting data science or predictive analytic applications.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.