Req #: 1800022J_en
Location: Gurgaon, HR IN
Job Category: Finance
Date Posted: 1/25/2018 1:59:33 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
At Baxter, we are building a best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will streamline processes, enhance systems, improve forecasting accuracy, strengthen business partnerships and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
This new position is an extension of the local country FP&A team. This position interacts with the APAC FP&A Center of Expertise (CoE) leadership team as well as in-country finance and business partners within the APAC Region (i.e. APAC Established Markets, Emerging Asia, etc.).
This position will support the strategic planning process, annual budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly performance reviews. In addition, this position will support high value-added business analytics as well as drive the development of senior management presentations for this dynamic and growing region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the FP&A Global Delivery Center (GDC) and other cross-functional leads to support the creation of budgets, forecasts and management reports, while ensuring compliance with all quality / control requirements
- Coordinate the consolidation of strategic plan, budgets, and forecasts into a cluster view for leadership and management presentations
- Load budget and forecast adjustments into system
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly reports, balance sheet reviews, forecasts, and the annual budget / strategic plan preparation
- Coordinate closely with local country business partners and finance teams to review projections, budgets and historical results
- Deliver a comprehensive monthly reporting package for management, including monthly reviews of budget vs. actual results and variances with P&L/cost center owners
- Drive expense management and resource allocation decisions to ensure effective ROI on investments
- Partner with FP&A Regional, Local, and Corporate resources within commercial and manufacturing/supply chain organizations to understand, drive and support decision making ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
- Coordinate escalation / identification of issues and advise Finance leadership of potential business and / or operational risks
- Perform strategic ad hoc reporting with heavy financial analysis tracking business performance to facilitate decision making and business support
- Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating procedures as needed
- Support Finance Leadership with process improvement, policy development, and / or strategic initiatives (e.g., business systems, processes, and / or policies)
QualificationsDo you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required.
- Advanced degree or certification required (CA or CPA)
- 10 + years of experience working in a finance function; coupled with diversified experience in financial reporting, forecasting, planning, and ad hoc related analyses
- Technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Proficient in financial modeling skills and statistical techniques and selects the appropriate technique to address the problem at hand
- Knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos preferred
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to manage teams and work with stakeholders cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Experience with managing process change and/or project management and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.