Sr. IT Manager, Manufacturing Plant Operations
Req #: 180002F1_en
Location: Mountain Home, AR US
Job Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: 1/24/2018 5:51:42 PM
DescriptionSr. IT Manager, Manufacturing Plant Operations
Medical Device and Sets Manufacturing
Mountain Home, Arkansas
NOTE: Relocation Support may be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
About Baxter’s Mountain Home Plant
Baxter's facility in Mountain Home has produced high quality, life-saving products since 1964. The Mountain Home team has expertise in product design and development, manufacturing, packaging, sterilization and quality management. Baxter Mountain Home is a global leader in the manufacture of medical-grade PVC plastics, utilizes robotic technologies, ships products to more than 30 customers worldwide and produces 124 finished goods codes.
The sustained success of this multi-product, multi-division facility can be traced directly to the commitment of the management team, the experience of the employees and an unwavering dedication to quality, efficiency and reliability. Continuous improvement efforts are driven by world class strategies designed around a strong leadership system, customer driven processes and a keen commitment to lean philosophies.
• Key IT/business systems leader within Baxter’s Mountain Home manufacturing business.
• This position acts as the face of IT to multiple end-user communities, providing training and information where appropriate, as well as overseeing the delivery of break/fix services, technology solutions and application-level access.
• Establish a strategic vision for a technical organization/execute towards that vision.
• Set direction/manage performance of a 5-person technical team accountable for supporting the Plant infrastructure and systems, including/not limited to: AS/400 Application Development, Web Development, MES implementation, WAN/LAN, Windows Servers, VMware, VoIP phones, JDE ERP system, facility hardware, building automation systems, audio-visual technologies, mobile devices, Desktop/Laptop PC’s and Tier 1 support for a multitude of applications used globally.
• Provide direct supervision to an on-site IT operations and applications team/responsible for talent acquisition, training, mentoring and performance management.
• Responsible to plant’s Sr. leadership team/must translate complex business requirements into well-defined, actionable tasks and projects.
• Manage team of technical specialists (including consultants/contractors).
• Demonstrate solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
• Works with limited oversight/comfortably address complex problems in a manufacturing environment regulated by the FDA.
• Strong knowledge of corporate IT/IS policies, standards and procedures and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. ITIL a plus.
• Establish departmental objectives/ensure they align with the Global IT vision and objectives.
• Plan/implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency.
• Implement IT security best practices to ensure safety of data and systems.
• Interact regularly with internal/external customers to understand business needs/determine potential solutions.
• Review team, group and business deliverables to ensure quality (design walk-through, test results, etc.) and adherence to specific processes, standards and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in budget process/adhere to a fixed operating budget. Assist the business with identifying IT capital and operating expense requirements.
• Participate in the research, analysis, selection and implementation of new tools, technologies and/or services.
• Provide business-level support by analyzing requirements, researching potential solutions, recommending hardware and/or software, and partnering with Plant leadership to introduce technologies
designed to improve quality or efficiency.
• This position acts as the face of IT to multiple end-user communities, providing training and information where appropriate, as well as overseeing the delivery of break/fix services, technology solutions
and application-level access.
• Participate in the strategic planning process and align with the Global IT mission.
• Develop, gather and measure relevant productivity metrics.
• Manage and participate on plant projects as required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and public-speaking skills.
QualificationsCritical Experiences & Attributes
Note: Project Management and team leadership experience is required.
• Ability to hire, train, coach, motivate, inspire and influence technical personnel.
• Extensive experience leading technical personnel responsible for supporting all Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012).
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Basic knowledge of VMware, ESXi and vCenter configuration, administration and utilization.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Operations and Enterprise Management Systems.
• Ability to drive results through others by collaborating with other Global IT organizations and personnel.
• Familiarity with performance management concepts and execution tactics.
• Experience providing executive-level briefings and presentations.
• Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership and presentation skills.
Education and/Additional Desired Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
• 8+ years of systems-level experience, including 5 years of leadership in a technical role.
- Technical certifications (MCP, CCNA or similar, etc.)
• Familiarity with FDA regulatory requirements and Quality validated systems
• Experience in the healthcare or bio-technology industries
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.