Process Automation Engineer
Automation engineer is responsible to design, program, simulate and test automated processes in order to complete exact tasks within IS on all BCU technology platforms. Key to success in this position is the ability to develop automated process, troubleshoot complicated technical issues, follow-up and communicate on open issues, prioritize and identify operational inefficiencies to improve support resolution times and root cause resolution. Must be able to document, prioritize, and translate service desk requests and business processes into automated solutions.
1. Develop, test and implement processes related to ITIL incident, service and change control using standard SDLC procedures.
2. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
3. Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
4. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
5. Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
6. Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
8. Develops solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
9. Document processes, train service desk technicians as new improved processes are implemented in order to ensure a consistent high quality support function.
10. Communicate with all business personnel at all levels in order to resolve problems by implementing resolutions addressing the root cause problems and eliminating reoccurring problems in the future.
11. Provide reports of automation activities and value delivered for activities
• Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL foundation concepts
• 3+ years experience in Powershell or other scripting language
• Fundamental understanding of programming languages (C#, VB, or any .NET language)
• Fundamental understanding of SQL
• Detailed understanding of Microsoft System Center Suite with focus on Service Manager, Operations Manager and Orchestrator/SMA
• Problem solving skills
• Documentation and Communication skills
• Detailed technical working knowledge of in computer science and software automation.
• Working knowledge of Windows 2008-2016 Server and general Windows Server Roles, Win 7/8, PC Citrix Xenapp
• General networking knowledge
• Strong written, verbal, team, and customer service skills.
• Ability to respond to customer complaints and management inquiries.
• Ability to follow documented procedures and maintain documentation.
• Ability to effectively present information to management in a concise and direct manner.
• Ability to generate documentation on computer systems and software functions.
• Evangelizes the creation, dissemination, and preservation of knowledge
• Ability to define problem scope, dataset definition, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and consistent long term resolution through automation.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and apply solutions to solve the root cause of problems based on information obtained.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.