Electrical Engineer-Medical Device
Req #: 180001PV_en
Location: Bangalore, KA IN
Job Category: Research and Development
Date Posted: 1/23/2018 1:59:32 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
You will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing home dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the electronic sub-system development, design and implementation of electronic circuits, test of circuits and systems and the documentation and release of designs.
- Hands-on integration of electrical design entities with mechanical and consumable components
- Generates and/or improves electrical and electro mechanical designs that are optimized for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Performs in-depth electrical engineering analysis and calculations.
- Completes deliverables related to design of sub-systems related to the overall electrical architecture.
- Executes protocols and testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
- Develops and modifies electrical documentation, specifications and drawings.
- Does troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to electrical aspects of devices and associated systems.
- Responsible for taking the product through regulatory testing.
- Development of low level embedded SW closer to the HW layer.
- Creates and communicates design/test plans, tasks, deliverables and status.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical hardware development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated products.
- In depth knowledge of the regulatory environment for Design, Develop and Manufacture of Medical products.
- Demonstrated record of working with multiple vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 61010, UL, ANSI, ASTM and EMI EMC standards.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies like UL, TuV, ITT
- Understanding of the Healthcare regulatory environment and country regulations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Success in working with multifunctional, global teams.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/influencing skills required
- Masters in Electrical/Electronics or equivalent Engineering and 5-8 years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience in design of embedded microcontroller based electronics devices, including FPGA-based, digital and analog design.
- Experience testing electronic devices to meet immunity and emissions requirements
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro PCB) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW)
- Specific experience in design and development of sensing subsystems highly desirable.
- Understanding of the IEC Basic safety guidelines, Insulation diagram, Creepage – Clearance standards.
A Career That Matters:
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.