Supv I, Manufacturing
Works under general supervision, setting own priorities in order to achieve maximum manufacturing efficiency by effective organization of direct reports. Controls area of responsibility to achieve end result that supports the
broader functional goals. Develop plans and efficiency improvement strategies that integrate with plans and strategies in other areas within the broader function. Successful candidate will supervise manufacturing and maintenance
personnel, and be held responsible for proper training and performance evaluation of direct reports. Will on a daily basis analyze the status of the manufacturing line and organize his/her staff to meet department goals as well as
propose, support and participate in improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures operations schedules are met within budget through appropriate use of resources, scheduling and effective problem solving.
- Accountable for manufacturing team activities to assure schedule adherence.
- Takes primary responsibility for establishing and maintaining a thoroughly supportive atmosphere throughout the group; encourages every member to participate.
- Ensures that manufacturing process is in accordance with Quality Manual.
- Performs performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Actively participates in the selection and hiring of new production employees.
- Is responsible for scheduling vacation and other absence times of his/her direct reports.
- Facilitates conflict management and resolution between co-workers.
- Delivers quality training modules to teams, assesses the learning impact, and modifies content/delivery accordingly.
- Assists the team in identifying problems, analyzing causes and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Fosters self-discovery of alternatives and solutions in the group situation.
- Participates and promotes subordinate participation on cross-functional and/or inter organizational teams. Frequently leads such teams or task groups especially when the scope is broad and/or the issue complex.
- Employs coaching and counseling activities throughout the learning process.
- Works with internal and/or external resources to resolve problems of medium to high complexity. May be primary representative of operations or quality group on projects.
- Expected to resolve own problems within area of responsibility, recommending and driving changes to operating policy when necessary.
- Plans and implements organizational changes within area of responsibility.
- Performs, organizes and supervises training of new employees.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain confidential information as such.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this role
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving and impediments, mentors others to understand and model this approach. Constructive and relentless in pursuit of solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in world class manufacturing practices.
- Requires a thorough understanding of technology, guidelines and methods applicable to the area and the ability to determine appropriate application.
- Requires thorough understanding of quality management techniques and experience in developing quality and productivity goals and measures.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Requires leadership and managerial skills.
- Requires skills in planning, budgeting and project management directed toward achievement of business goals.
- Requires understanding of financial performance reports and their implications.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills including familiarity with word processing programs, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Demonstrated desire to continually learn in order to keep up with changing technology
- Knowledge of manufacturing protocols, statistical tools and methodology, and continuous improvement techniques preferred
- Physical requirements for a position will vary.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to sit 50% of the time.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move between the office and the production floor.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment without daylight / windows
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.