Field Service Engineer - UK Nutrition
Req #: 180001D4_en
Location: Newbury, ENG UK
Job Category: Technical Services
Date Posted: 1/18/2018 3:22:16 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
The role of the Field Service Engineer – UK Nutrition is to effectively deliver complete technical service and support for all equipment supported by Baxter with a focus on Nutrition products for UK. You will become an industry leader in providing Technical Services across a wide portfolio of medical equipment.
Taking ownership for the technical services provision to nutrition support customers in the UK, this will include: -
- Providing the 1st point of contact for all nutrition customers with technical enquires in the UK.
- Commissioning and installing machines at either Baxter or Customer sites
- Providing field maintenance (Planned Preventative Maintenance) to the whole range of the nutrition portfolio
- Repairing both hardware & software faults and repairing machines both on site and remotely.
- Providing telephone support to customers with their technical support.
- Delivering internal & customer technical training
- Attendance to customer sites and meetings to represent the Baxter nutrition business
- Overall Field Service Engineer Requirements include: -
- Completion of detailed service reports recording all required information for all work undertaken.
- Maintaining accurate stock records for all inventory held and managing inventory levels to deliver a high first time fix rate
- Maintaining complete monthly reports to record time spent on activities not captured on service reports
- Flexibly in providing emergency cover
Skills and Experience
Electro-mechanical engineering background supported by a technical qualification (e.g. ONC/HNC)
Previous experience as a Field Service Engineer
Understanding of local area networks, SQL data bases and multi-user installations would be an advantage.
Working knowledge of MSDOS & Windows applications would be an advantage.
Experience of working in a highly customer driven organisation
Be confident in communicating effectively with both customers and internal stakeholders to manage expectations
Ability to be able to interpret data (machine generated e.g. black box files/CWP online, basic financial, service delivery)Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.