Maintenance Mechanic II
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Injection Molding manufacturing.
- Must read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Must perform electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment to include electrical switchgear, use of blueprints and schematics for control circuit repairs and repairs to motor control centers.
- Must build, install and troubleshoot control circuits for equipment.
- Must install electrical facilities for new equipment and relocate equipment when necessary.
- Must perform sheet metal fabrication and welding assignments as required.
- Must analyze problems and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must be able to use PC to troubleshoot and program microprocessors and related electrical devices.
- Must be able to work in clean room environment.
- Must be able to work shutdowns and some holidays to overhaul major equipment or install new equipment.
- Must perform all documentation as required.
- Be knowledgeable and able to troubleshoot and repair molding machines.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
Qualifications for this role
- Ability to use electrical test equipment: e.g., volt-ohm meter, ammeter, megohmmeter, wiggly.
- Ability to troubleshoot and install equipment, controllers, generators, solenoids, relays, motors, power supplies.
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend/stoop.
- Ability to reach above the shoulder.
- Ability to maneuver through tight spaces.
- Ability to meet confined space entry requirements.
- Must be able to climb ladders and catwalks to work on equipment.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures).
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three years general maintenance experience.
- AB troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Pipe fitting and welding experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.