Order Processing Technician
Req #: 180001KX_en
Location: Old Toongabbie, NSW AU
Job Category: Clinical
Date Posted: 1/16/2018 5:49:32 PM
DescriptionOrder Processing Technicians, Pharmacy Services - Part-time
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
An opportunity has arisen for a newly created Part-Time Order Processing Technician to join the team. Reporting to the Pharmacy Team Leader, the primary responsibility of these office based roles is to ensure accurate and timely processing of documentation orders in conjunction with customer service, to meet the needs of both internal and external customer in the Pharmacy.
• 20hrs per week
• 5 hours x 4days/week
• 3:00pm -8:00pm shift
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enter and review orders accurately and in a timely manner. Check orders for completeness – legibility/patient details/drugs/diluents/delivery details etc. Clarifying details with customer/Technical specialist if any aspects of the order are unclear
• Schedule orders as required.
• Timely receipt of orders confirming expected delivery date and time.
• Liaising regularly with pharmacy production specialists, team leaders and customer service on matters concerning the receipt, processing and delivery of customer orders.
• Complying with regulatory requirements of GDP, GMP and EH&S.
• Working with different sites to manage current workload to assist in bringing forward or delaying orders to maintain rooms at capacity
• Liaising with customers with regard to order, dispatch and account enquiries.
• Assist in capturing customer complaint reports regarding delivery and service issues.
• Dealing with product complaints and adverse event reports.
• Use of standard Microsoft programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access to provide clerical support and maintain information databases.
• Assist in the provision of support in the areas of customer service, processing of monthly reports.
• Flexibility with working different shifts, weekends and varying Public holidays per state to ensure patient care across all states.
• Perform other duties as directed by Management
QualificationsDo you have what it takes to build a career here?
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Highly competent in accurate data entry and review with minimum errors and efficient time management utilizing pharmacy programs
• High analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to see the 'big picture'
• Willing and motivated attitude with team members with high level of initiative
• Displays drive and a sense of urgency to achieving deadlines, assisting with additional hours, flexibility with rotating shifts etc.
• Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of basic mathematics and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Pleasant telephone manner and customer focus to all external and internal stakeholders
• Experience within a pharmaceutical/healthcare organisation would be seen as distinctly advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team with excellent opportunity for career development and growth! These roles are 12-month fixed term contracts. Should you feel you have what it takes to perform in this role apply today!
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Closing date for Applications is Monday, 29th Jan 2018
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.