Quality Assoc III
Req #: 180000TK_en
Location: Marion, NC US
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 1/16/2018 1:22:03 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead ongoing daily departmental activities for areas of direct responsibility including supervision of assigned personnel, and when required assist other Quality areas in the successful performance of these activities.
- Manage activities of self and direct reports in achieving defined quality goals in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Be directly involved in and where appropriate lead multiple process/product improvement projects which may include any of the following - PMT, QWT, Kaizan, or other focus groups, design of experiments, validations, development of new methodologies and improving existing methodologies, data generation, report development and presentation.
- Lead in-plant audit ready status efforts for assigned areas and assist other areas within the facility in understanding FDA, ISO and Baxter quality requirements. Maintain a high level of expertise in current regulatory requirements, and serve as a plant resource for compliance to these requirements
- Lead in the development of customer awareness and understanding activities for areas of direct responsibility, and where appropriate, assist and support such activities throughout the facility.
- Provide guidance and coaching for the areas of responsibility as defined in items # 1 through #5 for less experienced individuals within the plant.
- Must be a recognized by all levels of the facility as an expert in their area and be able to demonstrate leadership ability.
- Must have the ability to perform the responsibilities of the Quality Section Manager on an as needed basis
- Assists and writes validations for equipment, product changes and computer systems.
- Assists with vendor audits/assessments and provides ongoing feedback related to quality issues.
Qualifications for this role
- Understand scientific strategies and be able to invent new methods or new avenues of investigation.
- Good interpersonal/communication/influencing/negation skills.
- Good project management skills
- Working knowledge of FDA Regulations, Application of Good Laboratory Practices, and Application of Good Manufacturing Practices.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering; advanced degree in the life sciences, physical sciences or engineering, with Ph.D. is ideal.
- Lead Auditor training, ISO Lead Assessor training, with 2-3 years experience in auditing techniques, interpreting regulations and quality systems.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Quality, or related field in the medical products industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.