Technician, Mold Shop
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare molds and tool repairs for new and existing molding equipment.
2. Operate lathes, milling machines and grinders to fabricate small parts.
3. Be involved and provide input for turnkey systems pertaining to molding.
4. Read blueprints, gauges and dials.
5. Analyze problems utilizing experience and troubleshooting techniques.
6. Troubleshoot and repair 3-plate, 2-plate, and unscrewing molds as well as hot runner systems and their controllers.
7. Interact with management, manufacturing, engineering and vendors to improve tooling.
8. Monitor and ensure the safe operation of equipment.
9. Control inventory of the necessary spare parts in order to reduce downtime and increase equipment efficiency.
10. Assume a leadership role in training and developing other personnel.
11. Refurbish and maintain equipment to Good Manufacturing Practices standards.
12. Perform all documentation as required.
13. Attend and complete all required training.
14. Work a flexible schedule in order to support operations.
15. Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma is required. Technical education/training a plus.
2. 5-7 years of mold maintenance or tool and die experience required.
3. Practical processing knowledge of various plastic processes.
4. Work well independently as well as with teams.
5. General knowledge of quality and safety procedures and regulations.
6. Low absenteeism.
7. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Inquisitive in nature and able to formulate plans to drive solutions.
9. Working knowledge of Lean principles a plus.
10. Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure (CL-01-01-037).
11. Audiometric testing required and hearing protection required.
12. Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds.
13. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
14. Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
15. Ability to bend and stoop.
16. Ability to climb ladders.
17. Ability to reach above shoulders.
18. All internal and external qualified applicants are required to submit a resume.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.