Sr. Scientist II
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
It’s impossible to list everything you’ll do here because every day is different. But a few things are clear, you’ll:
• Provide technical leadership and direction in the development of new ideas, products and in the implementation of new/improved processes (e.g., design, quality improvement, research techniques, etc).
• Achieve desired project outcomes by utilizing technical and project management skills and collaboration of team effort to complete complex design and project tasks within the boundaries of quality, time and budget.
• Recognized for technical expertise within area of technical specialty.
• Coach and mentor staff to increase their product knowledge, process efficiency and productivity.
• Foster an environment of creativity and innovation when completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
• Organize and provide technical leadership in the areas of CMC development and review, formulation development, analytical methods development and validation, preclinical activities, and manufacturing process validations. Ensure adequate IP protection, assist with IP issues and actively assist in building a stronger IP portfolio.
• Plan, execute and manage projects/programs that may span multiple disciplines and incorporate novel methods, techniques or approaches. Incorporate knowledge of customer use and product design to assess product effectiveness and/or potential risks/failures. Analyze experiment results and modify them to increase product/process acceptance, quality and reliability.
• Apply specialized technical and product knowledge in creative ways to solve a broad range of difficult problems. Generate innovative solutions to highly complex problems through the use of multiple disciplines and technical principles. Create innovative products/processes/methods through novel combinations of expertise within the organization.
• Is sought out by other teams and individuals to offer technical advice; act as coach, mentor, technical advisor to junior members within the discipline.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant Quality System Regulations, therapeutical PDP, and other regulatory requirements related to research and development (product development, design and safety) to ensure compliance in all research, data collection and reporting activities.
• In addition to having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of GxP and related regulations and guidance, is able to provide expert insights into such regulations so as to facilitate efficient product registration and/or is an active participant in the generation, review, adoption and interpretation of such regulations.
• Present research results at external conferences, publish articles in journals and/or file patents.
Do you have what takes to build a career here?
• Must possess knowledge of related discipline, including a degree in Chemistry/Biology/Engineering with a broad background in problem solving in solutions/drug development and the utilization of analytical instrumentation.
• Able to design and complete complex technical studies.
• Able to provide technical guidance for a group of scientists to accomplish deliverables.
• Technical writing proficiency, authoring scientific reports and papers.
• Able to conduct database research for the acquisition of desired information.
• Able to give presentations within the business/technical community.
• Operation of complex laboratory equipment (e.g. LC/MS, HPLC, DSC, TGA, NMR, GC, GC/MS) as applicable.
• Interpretation of results from HPLC, IR, LC/MS, GC/MS, TGA/DSC, GC, as applicable.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for the leadership role.
• Demonstrated ability to lead global projects through successful outcomes on projects.
B.S. in scientific discipline with 10+ years relevant experience, M.S. with 10 years relevant experience or Ph.D. with 4 years relevant experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.