Group Marketing Manager, Global Chronic Renal
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter’s Chronic Renal business is a US$4B business globally and is expected to play a major role in Baxter’s growth over the coming years, with significant investments being made in the pipeline and in market development. Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) is the largest segment of the business, and there are major opportunities to expand the market globally.
The Global Group Marketing Manager is responsible for driving penetration of Peritoneal Dialysis Therapy globally. This individual will own the overarching PD Therapy Development Strategy, Communication plan, and, working closely with Regional Market Development / Access team members, the translation of the strategy into a tactical plan for key markets. Key areas of focus will include market access, key stakeholder education (clinical and non-clinical), evidence generation, practice guidelines, and advocacy.
The Global Group Marketing Manager must have the ability to shape and influence the external environment and accelerate therapy adoption. They will work closely with internal stakeholders (Medical, Clinical, Regulatory, Government Affairs, Region/In-country Marketing) and Key Opinion Leaders globally to define and execute a strategy and roadmap for developing PD therapy globally.
- Establish deep understanding of barriers to therapy adoption across key markets
- Develop multi-year strategic plan to address barriers and grow penetration
- Translate the strategy into specific tactical plans and manage the execution within key markets in collaboration with in-region marketing
- Build relationships with SMEs and KOLs in key markets to help develop and support the strategy
- Pilot / develop / share best practices across the regional teams
- Develop foundational tools and materials to support consistent, aligned, and on-brand therapy education & communications.
- Lead/support primary and secondary market research and analyses to inform strategy
- Serves as region and country liaison to ensure alignment with and implementation of key market development strategies
- Commercial lead and key partner with Global Medical on global SME engagement. Support activities such as advisory boards and stakeholder education.
- Establish and monitor leading and lagging metrics to track impact of key initiatives.
- A minimum of 6-10+ years marketing experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry and/or medical device industry. Renal Therapy experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated success in Therapy marketing & market development globally. (defining, shaping and growing a market or segment across multiple countries).
- Experience in SME engagement, Advocacy, Evidence Generation, and Market Access across key markets globally
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence others within a matrixed environment.
- Results-oriented, highly analytical, excellent ability to plan and prioritize
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience working cross-culturally with good cultural knowledge, insight and understanding
- Bachelor's Degree Required; MBA strongly preferred
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.