Lead, Production Team
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position functions as support for the PU leads and Shift Leader. They will step in to lead the team of PU leads in the absence of the Shift leader and will be responsible for contribution to the motivation and leadership of the production group while ensuring the continuous operation of the various production line to meet production requirements. This job is responsible for scheduling of various operations including visual inspection of semi-finished products within the production unit, insuring a continuous flow of material to facilitate production. Also includes maintaining the proper flow of process equipment and documentation requirements as well as execution of quality control activities and maintaining house-keeping and order within the production department. Due to the nature of this position, a very high degree of leadership, initiative, teamwork and communication are required. No previous experience in the medical device technology field is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the production process and controlling all functions of machinery and machine parameters.
- Gives technical guidance/direction to Machine Leaders and Leads. Trains new employee
- Subject matter expert for all production equipment and processes
- Responsible for utilizing resources, both their own and others including but not limited to communicating with PU Leads and Machine Leaders to meet production goals and report/document proper and accurate downtime information to Production Management
- Responsible for knowing and following quality procedures for manufactured parts, identifies defective materials and alerts team members and Production Management to unusual quality trends for corrective action.
- Maintains proper documentation for the Quality Control system and production tracking and reviews quality control documentation completed by Machine Leaders in designated area.
- Identifies potential bottlenecks in the flow process and takes action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Responsible for properly handling waste and accurately documenting data relative to waste disposal.
- In the absence of the Shift Leader assumes the manager on duty role which entails being able to resolve quality issues and production problems, able to execute contingency plans, and able to manage people.
- Responsible for knowing and following safety procedures for associated equipment, maintaining orderliness within department and working with shift leaders to achieve production safety and hygiene goals
- Handles robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine output and quality defects as they occur.
- Supports Production Management in establishing and maintaining 6s, work instructions and training materials. Responsible for training employees as required on 6s methods and processes.
- Performs administrative task assigned by the Shift Leader
- Oversee plant maintenance and cleaning on all components of equipment in area of responsibility in a safe manner.
- Works with and assists engineers and Production Management in resolving quality, production process issues, and raw material issues
- Also acts as a substitute for production employees to fill in where needed for absences.
- Performs other duties as assigned within scope of responsibilities listed above.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Team player and able to function as part of a team.
- Able to work independently.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to train and share knowledge with less experienced operators.
- Requires leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Work effectively and professionally with employees, team members, engineers, manufacturing management, etc., by using good personal and interpersonal skills.
- Capable to perform visual inspection of products.
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / window.
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts to include day and night time hour
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BS degree or equivalent training preferred
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.