Material Handler I
Req #: 180000MN_en
Location: Tulsa, OK US
Job Category: Supply Chain
Date Posted: 1/11/2018 12:12:10 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for inbound/outbound processes, customer order processing, loading and unloading private fleet and commercial carriers following proper cargo securement procedures, facility maintenance/housekeeping, etc., verifying correct boxes are being loaded in the right delivery sequence onto the appropriate trucks.
- Ability to use material handling equipment for movement of products in the distribution centers and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and ensures good housekeeping and warehouse standards are upheld.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by reading all types of labels and verifying accuracy of shipping and receiving processes.
- Utilize equipment such as: Box knife, tape gun, hand pallet jack, manual and auto stretch wrappers, motorized MHE equipment, Communication equipment, PC, RF scanning devices, etc.
- Responsible to learn and follow all distribution facility policies and procedures for safety and job specific duties.
- Works with office staff to resolve any discrepancies found during order validation and loading process to ensure uninterrupted dispatch of drivers.
- Works with drivers directly to problem solve and find continuous improvement opportunities in loading and unloading processes.
- Ensure compliance to all procedures related to Regulatory, Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements (including spills, damages, and returns).
- Meet KPI standards set by management without damage to product.
- Participate in projects and teams to continuously improve the operation and key result areas (safety, quality, service, and cost).
- Responsible for activating or reviewing temperature monitors on temperature sensitive products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer skills are required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow facility Standard Operating Procedures. Work overtime as required, as necessary, including after hours on call duties.
- This position requires candidates who must be able to lift and move up to 65 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires candidates with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- This position will require material handling and equipment certification. Candidate must be able to pass all training requirements to receive certification.
- This position requires ability to learn and understand warehouse management systems and PC environments, as well as written records.
Education & Experience
- Previous distribution experience is preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.