Principal Engineer, Energy
The candidate should have a strong technical knowledge in mechanical engineering for systems used at manufacturing plants preferably in the pharmaceutical or food processing industries. These systems would include; heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), steam, compressed air and manufacturing processes.
An understanding of renewable and alternative energy technologies.
The candidate must also exhibit a proactive attitude to problem solving and to searching out the opportunities for energy savings. He/she should also have a proven track record in energy conservation particularly from a demand perspective.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The primary role of the position is to lead energy assessments (audits) in the companies manufacturing facilities.
- From these site assessments identify opportunities to reduce energy costs and usage in all systems.
- Develop reports from the observations, findings and data analysis of recording equipment.
- Identify potential recommendations for the facility to implement; the recommendations must be pursued from a ROI perspective.
- Participate in the continuing improvement of the energy program by contributing to the various initiatives of the team, with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Travel will be required, domestic and international, approximately 30% of the time.
- B.S. in Engineering and 5 - 8 years related experience.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with energy related systems and or programs.
- Certified Energy Manager Certification or other formal training in energy management a strong advantage.
- The candidate should be self a starter, motivated and prepared to work in a team environment.
- Must posses above average computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Visio and particularly Excel. Basic knowledge of other software products such as AutoCAD is an advantage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.