Senior Manufacturing Manager
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Ensures team members follow EH&S measures and controls to guarantee highest personnel safety, health standards, and brand sustainability
- Ensures manufacturing, logistics, and dissolving area processes meet Quality System guiding principles while promptly assessing and remedying opportunities for improvement.
- Works effectively cross functionally facilitating, driving and implementing continues and value improvement projects.
- Implements world class manufacturing principles aimed to support the endless task of waste elimination
- Promotes talent growth by facilitating personnel training aimed to elevating production flexibility
- Investigates and resolves disciplinary issues up to and including suspensions and terminations
- Commits to employee feedback and developmental processes
- Supervises the daily manufacturing operations across manufacturing department and supporting disciplines
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and quantity of staffing requirements, budgets, costs, methods, labor efficiency, scrap, volume and associated KPIs. Identifies/prioritizes/provides resources to assist the department leader to meet the annual operating plan and budgetary commitments
- Facilitates the invention, evaluation, and implementation of material, manufacturing and assembly process improvements
- Interviews, hires, coaches, motivates, develops, recognizes and manages performance of direct reports. Provides regular feedback to all direct reports. Set performance objectives, support development plans and monitor progress
- Ensures products are provided to customers on time so that product quality, yield, operating costs and process efficiencies are met
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements
- Interfaces with the other managers/customers to ensure our quality commitments are met. Responsible for assuring compliances to all regulatory requirements
- Identifies, initiates and facilitates continuous improvements, lean manufacturing activities and initiatives, such as 5S, visual management, kaizens
- Participates as subject matter expert in audits
- Supports plant-wide strategic plan, programs and activities
- Interfaces with support functions to secure services and resources and regularly interacts with senior leaders on matters concerning functional areas or customers
- Responsible for development of the manufacturing annual operating budget and maintains expenses within the plan
- Develops and proposes strategies from the data gathered to support the manufacturing operating
- Responsible for the formulation of long and short range planning for functional area
- Provides a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Cultural Values and Best Place to Work
Qualifications for this role
- Ability to manage activities of departments through subordinates who exercise full supervision in terms of cost, methods, and employees. Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and information and financial reports, understand and resolve technical difficulties, interface with internal engineering/technical experts and external technical representatives, manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant, be resourceful to a large manufacturing department.
- Proven track record of interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment/processes and/or operations processes
- Knowledge of World Class manufacturing methods (Lean, Six Sigma), Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Drug and Administration guidelines and process validation.
- Ability to understand GMPs and other applicable regulatory guidelines and ability to manage audit-related activities
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to groups and senior leaders
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight / windows
- Ascends/descends ladders to access machinery
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing and crawling
- Experience developing an annual operating budget and maintain expenses within the plan
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in all aspects of the manufacturing process including direct people leader experience for a minimum of 3 years
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.