Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Applies a solid understanding of engineering and problem-solving theories/practices toward the development of new or to enhance current products or processes. Drives service deliverables and infrastructure required for initial product launch and lifecycle management. Partners with product line management in developing requirements for optimizing product life cycle costs. Contributes in the development of medical device hardware platform features and capabilities. Recognized within the Service function as the product technical subject matter expert.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents Global Center for Technical Services on new product development and/or lifecycle management teams.
- Creates lifecycle management service deliverables throughout the product lifecycle for medical device products involving hardware.
- Works closely with design team to select, develop, and implement technologies across all medical device development programs.
- Identifies and solves complex problems without assistance. Projects typically include the development of new or improved processes, tools, techniques and procedures.
- Performs design for serviceability analyses on medical hardware designs and works closely with design teams to recommend design improvements to enhance serviceability.
- Analyzes global marketplace data to develop strategy and tactics for growing competitive servicing advantages thru product design features and capabilities.
- Drives cost/benefit analysis to identify preferred strategy for future service offerings and/or Implementation of running changes to existing product platforms.
- May perform trend analysis of applicable product or system data. May provide direction or guidance based on analysis results.
- May approve the work of lower level engineers; may supervise other engineers or technicians.
Qualifications for this role
- Must be well versed in core engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, systems engineering).
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently, relate to multiple stakeholders, have good interpersonal skills, and is capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and application of sound engineering principles.
- Ability to direct / manage across multiple cross-functional teams and regions.
- Experience with change control methodologies and configuration management principles.
- Demonstrated communication, motivational skills, and tact in dealing with customers. Ability to interact effectively at all levels in the organization including senior management
- Ability to develop and improve processes related to the manufacture, service and support of electro-mechanical devices.
- Firm understanding of GMP and quality system requirements
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- Must have the ability to travel.
Education and Experience
- BS in engineering discipline. 5 - 8 years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field. Medical device experience preferable.
A Career That MattersBaxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.