Quality Lab Assoc II-Chem
Req #: 180000TE_en
Location: Marion, NC US
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 1/10/2018 10:41:53 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct critical biological, chemical and physical analyses on raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from the environmental monitoring programs at manufacturing facility.Work under minimum supervision.
- Serve as Mentor to Quality Laboratory Associate (QLA) I positions. Provide training and work direction for QLA I positions as required.
- Perform review of test data, which includes overall documentation practices. Perform release functions in LIMS or other computerized systems. Use sophisticated laboratory instrumentation and computer systems to collect and record data.
- Perform advanced biological and chemical assays requiring precise analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles.
- Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
- Investigate deviations and write exception documents.
- Participate in functions involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
- Perform laboratory and manufacturing audits as required. Audit and update, as required, plant SOPs.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations as required.
Qualifications for this role
- Proficient in wet and instrumental methods of analyses.
- Advanced laboratory skills, basic knowledge of statistical method.
- Strong technical problem solving skills.Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and in a timely fashion.Computer literate.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- Must demonstrate effectiveness in ability to train others, empowerment, leadership, results orientation and task completion.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, or Biological Sciences with Analytical Chemistry or Laboratory coursework, with 2-5 years experience, or Masters Degree in Chemistry, or Biological Sciences, with 0-3 years experience.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.