Sr Software Engineer
Req #: 1800013L_en
Location: Marion, NC US
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 1/9/2018 3:02:31 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Applies a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by software quality engineering toward the development of new or enhanced computerized systems. Plans, executes and functionally directs important software engineering assignments, which require independent judgment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies state of the art techniques in the area of expertise to develop new or improved computer systems.
- Independently work on cross-functional team in detailed phases of the software quality engineering process to ensure a high quality product.
- Develop and execute test cases and identify defects.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Qualifications for this role
- Must have experience or advanced training and demonstrate proficiency in the software engineering field (e.g. software development, software validation and verification, technical writing, problem analysis and resolution)
- Completely proficient in technical writing and Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail to identify defects and usability issues.
- Successful track record of managing wide-ranging activities.
- Extensive cross-functional team experience.
- Ability to organize and present technical overviews without assistance.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Familiarity with Universal Databases and SQL.
Education & Experience
- B.S. degree and minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance in software development environment.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results on several technical challenges.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.