Project Leader, II
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide business and technical leadership for major, high-complexity programs within Baxter’s Medication Delivery Business. Medication Delivery products include infusion pumps, intravenous solutions and administration sets, and pharmacy preparation devices with $2.5B sales annually.
- This role will have responsibility for new product device development and large sustaining projects within the portfolio.
- Lead cross functional scientific and technical teams in all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure.
- Responsible for project communication by interacting with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Lead teams in timely resolution of complex problems, including development of technical solutions, project plans, resourcing plans and budgets
- Ensures identification and communication of project risks, development of risk plan and leads core team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Manage all financial aspects of assigned projects, from initiation through close, which may include capital expenditures, functional expenses, and program positioning.
Qualifications for this role:
- Strong leadership potential
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Product Development Process requirements
- Proficient with scheduling software
- Product Development experience, familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor level degree or equivalent experience with 3 plus years project management experience and 3 years of product life cycle experience
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.