BioSurgery Specialist - Anethesia
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Manager, Anesthesia is a fully bilingual field-team member whose primary responsibility is to drive sustainable long-term sales growth with existing, and new customers, through product differentiation, negotiation and management of anesthesia contracts as well as strategic, customer relationships in the Region of Canada (ON, QC, NS, NB, PEI, NL).
Through team-work with the Senior Manager ACC, the Manager Anesthesia-Life-Cycle will drive opportunity management and consultative sales process. Share accountability for products and self-direct learning and development in conjunction with Baxter’s Leadership Expectations. The Manager, Anesthesia is expected to be the subject matter expert regarding the product and the therapy within their segment and is accountable for the achievement of activity, sales targets and maintaining the pipeline of opportunities in their Region.
This includes developing customer-oriented strategies/ anaesthesia contract positions (including the placement of capital equipment) and coordinating their execution with sales directors, marketing, operations, RA, QA, global, regional franchises and Canadian leadership team. This role applies in-depth account and anaesthesia knowledge in developing and implementing multi-year strategic account plans that will align with the Canadian Baxter business strategy.
The primary measures of success are P&L, customer loyalty (contract renewal and extension), and operational service metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to building relationships with decision-makers and influencers, identifying and executing on opportunities, as well as managing contract cycles. This leader provides strategic project management oversight to critical operational and commercial projects (e.g. new product launches) within the Anesthesia.
This position reports to the Senior Manager ACC and has connections into the Canadian Health Systems and Channel Management team via the Strategic Relationship Managers and the Contracts and Tender management Team.
Customer Focus and Strategy Execution:
• Promote a high degree of awareness of Baxter’s products, services, programs, and therapies with customers to achieve sales targets through the use of clinical tools and resources.
• Provide a clear understanding of what clinical and financial benefits are associated with Baxter anesthesia products and services
• Leverage business intelligence to maximize customer expertise and build a deep understanding of customer requirements
• Ensure alignment of SSO, and Account strategies with the Baxter Canada Anaesthesia strategy
• Negotiate and manage Anesthesia Equipment Contracts to protect Baxter’s base business and continuously drive sales and profitable growth
• Execution of the sales POA (Plan of Action)
• Work closely with Senior Manager, ACC as well as other ACC team members to develop Baxter anesthesia portfolio.
• Develop trusting and long-term relationships with all key decision makers/influencers (including executive suite personnel, program directors, and front line staff).
• Quarterback and troubleshoot all Baxter Anaesthesia interactions with the above and their stakeholders
• Develop Key Account Management expertise and understanding of customer needs and strategies to address health system/ Anaesthesia requirements, specifically as it pertains to contracting and procurement, supply chain and logistics.
Maintain product / therapy expertise:
• Training and self-directed learning
• Responsible for self-directed maintenance of product and therapy expertise
• Attend company training and utilize of clinical resources to enhance knowledge and learning.
• Attend trade shows, conferences and conventions as required
• Anesthesia Eastern Territory revenue and profitability targets.
• Participate in leadership and management of Strategic Plans, Projects and marketing plans/launches (milestones, timelines, information, etc.)
• Identify and prospect new business opportunities and engage internal Baxter resources as required
Development and execution of marketing program plans as required.
• Monitor and analyze emerging trends, market opportunities and competitive threats; and ensure this intelligence is communicated to the appropriate Baxter business
• Leverage Baxter’s market, clinical, and therapy expertise to support the change management needs of our customers
Timely and efficient completion of administrative tasks:
• Expense reports, internal and external communication, HCP interaction compliance, communication of competitor and market intelligence, travel, etc.
• Market intelligence: market surveys, communicate competitor intelligence
Qualifications for this role
• 5-10 years of sales experience and/or experience in the related field
• 2-3years experience in Marketing/Sales in Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Strong business Acumen
• Strategic thinker
• Analytical Capability
• Strong Communication and interpersonal skills (Written, oral and verbal, presentations, including listening)
• Demonstrated ability to influence across multiple stakeholders
• Ability/Excellence to work well in a Team Environment and work Independently
• Ability to manage a complex customer environment including multiple stakeholders and managing multiple projects
• Ability to influence outcomes in global matrixed working environment
• Proven track record of success
• Managing in a dynamic, changing environment
• Knowledge of Baxter processes, products, and services
• Clinical Experience
• Medical Sales Experience
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in commerce or life sciences.
• Master’s in Business Administration
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Life Sciences
• Business or Commerce
Type of Experience
• Bilingual French and English, spoken and written
• Specialty therapeutic sales experience or hospital sales experience
• Experience in leading a sales process in a complex, matrixed customer organization
• Proven ability to build strong customer relationships
• Strong execution track record
• Experience in complex negotiations
• Hospital Operating Room sales experience
• Account Management
• Science and Clinical
• Project management
• Experience both in Commercial and Functional roles (i.e. Operations)
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect