Material Handler - 1st shift
- Responsible for the receiving, distribution, storing, and maintenance of inventory items. May oversee other materials employees, give direction, and prioritize work.
- Serves as target zero contact for the warehouse, and performs general reception duties by receiving incoming calls, possible after hours, weekend contact and shipping required.
- Processes shipping and receiving paperwork, including international documentation, schedules shipping and receiving appointments, and conveys instructions to the warehouse, requiring independence of action and discretion.
- Maintains records and logs that are used in conjunction with other assigned duties or that assist others in the preparation of records and reports.
- Performs searches as requested or in conjunction with resolving shipping/ customer issues, and return goods. Oversee and perform cycle counts per plant procedure.
- Maintains effective working relationships with persons at all levels within the company including vendors, customers, regulatory authorities, employees, consultants, etc.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety requirements, operates material handling equipment and possesses and maintains required licenses for their operation.
- Performs warehouse or distribution functions, including but not limited to picking, stocking, loading/unloading trucks, receiving, packing and shipping.
- Assists in supporting cycle count program and performing cycle counts.
- Intermediate software application skills required.
- Forklift experience preferred. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a routine basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years related experience required in material handling, warehouse and distribution environment, with success in establishing workload priorities and communications is required.
- 2-3 years related experience working with the UPS World Ship software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.