Req #: 180000C1_en
Location: Medina, NY US
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 1/8/2018 1:52:41 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This document outlines the employment prerequisites and job responsibilities for the Technician, Final QA-Inspector position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform inspection and test procedures for final device acceptance and release.
- Channels accepted or rejected products to the appropriate locations.
- Performs the various procedures needed to ensure quality products.
- Accurately record all observations and report any non-conformances.
- Complete the approval and closure process for any non-conformances with the device.
- Perform quality data entry and reporting as required.
- Ensure process control and maintenance procedures are being followed.
- Recognize out of compliance/out of tolerance situations and take appropriate action.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this role
- Knowledge and working application of the following:
- Measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of basic ESD requirements
- Data entry and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to: stand or walk for long periods, lift and carry at least 20 pounds
- Perform repetitive motions with hands/fingers.
- Knowledge of cGMP documentation and FDA required.
- Demonstrated attention to details and accuracy, required.
- Must have good communication skills.
- May be required to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors with 0-2 years related experience or Associates with 1-3 years related experience or High School diploma with 2-4 years related experience
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or Biotech industry helpful
- Must be familiar with cGMP and FDA requirements
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to sit for most of the work day.
- Must have good hand to eye coordination and dexterity
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a manufacturing environment regulated by the FDA and many other work rules to prevent damage to the product we manufacture. Some of those work rules include but are not limited to:
- Wearing a static protective smock at all times while in the work area
- Wearing a ground wrist strap and plugging that wrist strap into the working table if at an ESD sensitive station.
- Working in close proximity to other employees.
- Working in an environment that is temperature and humidity controlled.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.