Sr. Manager, Operations Excellence
Req #: 180000HH_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 1/8/2018 10:52:05 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- The Operational Excellence Manager, Business Processes is responsible to work with Business Process owners to identify waste and inefficiencies across Baxter, and lead Continuous Improvement efforts to ensure processes meet functional and operational goals including Quality, Productivity, and Lead Time.
- Working in close cooperation with other Operational Excellence functions the OpEx Manager, Business Processes is a trusted advisor and partner with key stakeholders including BU and key functional leaders, Operations support functions, and Global Shared Services.
- The OpEx Manager, Business Processes must demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and consulting type skills with the ability to influence cross functional teams to ensure the implementation of recommendations to improve operating efficiencies and effectiveness.
- These responsibilities call for a strong character, a proven leader with a track record of driving change across the business. The position requires outstanding analytical abilities, as well as a methodical, systematic mindset given the complexity of the position’s scope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Business Process owners (examples include Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, Purchasing, etc.) to develop and deploy strategic improvement initiatives, installing governance, measurement, and reporting processes, resulting in tangible, sustainable, long term performance improvements, meeting or exceeding defined improvement targets.
- Participate in Strategic Planning & Deployment process to define priorities and align with business measures.
- Utilize OpEx Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to enhance business process efficiency, process design, and high quality data and information flow
- Interact on a regular basis with key senior business leaders to ensure business needs are understood and addressed. Develop and deliver presentations to summarize findings and propose recommendations.
- Be results focused – must have a track record of delivering results with a passion to win;
- Routinely drive change, challenge the status quo, and motivate others to do the same.
- Quickly establish credibility and win respect of key stakeholders by constructively and relentlessly developing and delivering desired process improvements under significant time constraints.
- Excel at matrix management; effectively work with stakeholders, colleagues, senior and line managers at all levels and effectively lead cross-functional process improvement teams to identify and implement process improvements. This includes proven skills in the facilitation of cross-functional improvement workshops.
- Excel at practical problem solving skills with an ability to think systematically. A positive, proactive and non-confrontational approach to problem solving.
- Have demonstrated skills in developing, mentoring, coaching and training others. Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Have demonstrated ability to lead / manage large projects, including creating and executing project plans directed toward achievement of business goals.
- Possess strong understanding of financial performance reports, and the ability to perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Possess an understanding of many functional disciplines (Example: Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory Compliance, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Materials Planning, etc.)
- Be proficient in computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Have excellent reading, writing and verbal communication in his/her native language as well as in English. Excellent presentation skills. Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, from the gemba to the Corporate boardroom.
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt certification, with a minimum 7 years of business process improvement experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an international company, interacting with diverse locations across the globe.
- Ability to apply sound business principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of operational and strategic challenges and problems in difficult and deadline driven situations. Identify key issues, gather, analyze and synthesize data to support hypotheses and develop actionable recommendations
- Experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical or highly regulated environment a plus.
- (Including strong knowledge and experience of quality systems, GMP’s, FDA guidelines, statistical analysis and process control, including process validation)
- It is assumed that this individual will travel 30-40% including international and domestic travel.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.