Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The incumbent in this role will perform both Supervisory and Pharmacy Technician duties. The position will support the Senior Manager, Pharmacy Ops to monitor, coordinate and oversee the daily activities of pharmacy assistant and compounding technician staff at the CIVA admixing facility.
Support technician staff by supporting admixing duties as required:
• Support daily admixing activities (antibiotic batch, anaesthetics, TPN, oncology, narcotics) while ensuring compliance with CIVA SOP, GMP and sterile admixing principles
• Support and record validation, calibration and microbiological monitoring
• Ensure robust communication of performance versus target
• Lead/initiate/participate in continuous improvement projects to improve compliance, customer service and cost
Supervise the daily activities of the support and technical staff and ensure quality parameters and customer demands are met:
• Be the key liaison between Management and the cleanroom during production
• Maintain orderly work processes by coordinating work flows, work quality and adherence to Baxter’s established practices and procedures
• Build an environment that supports cooperation and cohesiveness with the team and other Baxter teams
• Resolve day to day operational issues
• Work with Quality on non-conformance reports, CAPA and SOP changes
Talent management and operations:
• Support and coach your team to achieve high performance
• Manage a SMART PMO and PMP process for all direct reports
• Manage Recruitment activities for Technicians and train new and existing technicians
• Manage the payroll and scheduling of all direct reports
• Post-Secondary Pharmacy Technician Diploma or Science-related degree
• CCAPP Accredited Program or OCP Certification or completion of PEBC Evaluation Exam
• Completion of the PEBC Qualifying Exam
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Science, Pharmacy
• Microbiology, Project Management
Type of Experience
• Pharmacy Technician
• Supervisory Experience
• Hospital Experience
• I.V Admixing Experience
Years of Experience
• 3-4 Years Work Experience in pharma / clean room / leadership
• 5+ Years Work Experience in pharma / clean room / leadership
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Excellent multi-tasking capability
• Good understanding of the Canadian Regulatory and quality requirements for Canadian Healthcare manufacturers.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.