Req #: 1800001V_en
Location: Singapore, SG
Job Category: Communications
Date Posted: 1/7/2018 9:39:42 PM
The position reports to the Global Communications organization and sits on the leadership team for Emerging Asia. The Cluster Communication Lead is responsible for leading communications in the Emerging Asia region and to ensure alignment and optimizing the value of the communication function in the cluster. The individual provides strategy, planning and execution for internal and external communications and oversight of channels to ensure successful delivery of messages. External communications includes: media relations, issues management, corporate reputation, social responsibility, and product and therapy communications. Internal communications includes: employee communications for the Emerging Asia cluster and executive communications for the APAC Region and Emerging Asia heads.
Lead and implement the global communication imperatives in the cluster in alignment with business goals
Develop an approach to resource communications support across the cluster as a single communicator
Support the Cluster head with executive and employee communications (townhalls, all employee memos, select commercial meetings) and the Region Head for APAC with select executive communications in the APAC region
Localize and implement large scale global employee and reputation programs (Baxter 2020, CSR)
Lead communication efforts for product launches and therapies awareness across the cluster
Lead communication support for issues management across the cluster
Cluster and Region spokesperson
Oversight of Web and BaxCentral for Emerging Asia
Degree in related fields of study (i.e. Communications, Journalism or English). MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of public relations and/or corporate communications experience with healthcare experience (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device). PR agency experience strongly preferred.
- Innovative, proactive thinker and thought partner, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results
- Self-starting strategist and hands-on contributor
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and to anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Unparalleled interpersonal skills, with ability to influence and engage peers