Operator I (Saturday- Wednesday)
- In-process inspections and quality checks for product defects
- Cleaning of machines and equipment per department SOP's
- Complete necessary steps to ensure proper packaging and labeling of product assisted by automatic packing equipment
- Operating laundry equipment
- Wash/dry clothes
- Rotate to any cell as Operator I when necessary
- Assist Material Handler I in moving freezer carts, pasteurization carts into incubator and operating lift equipment
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime is required
Qualifications for this role
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work independently
- Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label dispensing equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP's, SPEC's, Job-specific training materials, GMP's, and other manuals.
Basic math skills required.
Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. This includes the determination of defective product. Independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include prioritizing work and who to ask for assistance when the determination of defective product is being evaluated. Resources used to resolve problems may include technicians, supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP's, and manuals.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs
- Visual acuity of 20/25 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds between 6" off the floor to 5'8" to load freezer carts.
- Push/pull up to 30 pounds to move loaded, wheeled, freezer carts with assistance from Material Handler I
- Frequent sitting, walking, standing, bending and squatting
- Frequent reaching between waist and shoulder level during inspection
- Occasional reaching up and out
- Repetitive grasping and movement of hands and fingers
- Must be able to work at machine based speed
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.