DescriptionA Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
This role is responsible for providing clinical expertise and driving enhanced value through collaboration with Medication Delivery customers. This role will focus on influencing clinical practice and operational efficiencies based on evidence-based best practice related to the delivery of intravenous therapies.
This position assists customers to incorporate evidence based standards & guidelines into clinical practice with a goal to improve clinical outcomes. Through the use of Baxter’s Clinical Programs, the Clinical Specialist proactively implements facility wide assessments and report recommendations, leads clinical implementations and training, conducts simulations and trials as required and ultimately accelerates the safe adoption and use of Baxter products.
The Medication Delivery Clinical Specialist is an integrated member of the Account Management Team to ensure alignment of Clinical Services activities with strategic business priorities to develop, sustain & grow the business for the long-term.
*Must be located in Quebec or within the Atlantic Provinces*
Customer-focused Clinical Program Management
• Build & maintain long term relationships with key clinical customers (Nursing, Pharmacy, Infection Control, Risk Management, Professional Practice, Oncology, Anaesthesia)
• Execute value-added clinical programs to help customers improve clinical outcomes and achieve their accreditation goals
• Conduct clinical needs assessments, analyze data, develop and present recommendations to customers, implement and evaluate product conversions and support follow up activities with measureable outcomes
• Identify & communicate customer insights toward the development of marketing programs
Clinical Account Management
• Ensure alignment with Marketing & Sales in the development of regional priorities
• Coordinate the implementation plan of Clinical Programs, product evaluations and product conversions with account team members
• Leverage the Clinical Trainers as an adjunct value-add to customer intimacy
• Maintain knowledge of IV therapy, vascular access and infusion technology trends and competitive threats through active participation in regional associations (i.e., CVAA chapters)
• Remain abreast of updated standards, recommendations and guidelines by influential associations (i.e., INS, CDC, AVA, RNAO)
• Utilize evidence-based research to support all clinical practice recommendations to customers
• Attend relevant professional practice conferences in support of customer involvement and professional development
Timely and efficient completion of administrative tasks
• Expense reports, internal and external communication, conferences etc.
• Market intelligence: market surveys, communicate competitor intelligence
• Logging & documenting reports , customer contact etc on salesforce.com
• Registered Nurse with an undergraduate degree in Nursing
• Masters in Nursing
Major Subjects / Specialties
Type of Experience
• Adult critical care
• Related consultative work in the healthcare industry
• Advanced IV therapy
• Clinical education & or management
• Product knowledge
Years of Experience
• Minimum 5-7 years clinical experience in an acute hospital setting
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Willingness to travel 50% of time
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
• Self motivated
• Strong communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong influencing skills
• Able to deal with ambiguity
• Knowledge of Baxter processes, products and services
• Project management
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.