Desktop Support Analyst
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Desktop Support Analyst will be responsible for providing front line support to the Baxter Canada Compounding facility staff in the Baxter Canada organization. With a strong level of customer service, and the ability to accept any challenge, the desktop support analyst will be the first point of contact for technical support for this very important operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prioritize and resolve hardware and/or software problems in a timely and efficient manner using deductive troubleshooting procedures.
• Respond to all support incidents received from users and undertake an immediate effort to restore service to user’s satisfaction. Research and act on incidents that cannot be resolved immediately.
• Document status of all tickets using the Baxter on-line helpdesk ticketing system.
• Follow up to identify operating problems; notify others if major or escalating problem is encountered. Analyze and determine the operation status, nature and cause(s) of hardware and software problems.
• Provide technical and functional support to internal clients for hardware and software issues such as: operating systems, standard desktop\web applications and printing.
• Assist with analyzing possible compounding application issues that may involve collaborating with Global Teams responsible for Incident Management for the platform or other points of failure such as the Network and CITRIX.
• Coordinate with IT peers at Headquarters and oversee the installation, upgrading or repair of hardware and software; participate in the development, implementation and installation of new or revised systems or system components.
• Document and maintain accurate information on systems and processes impacting critical business functionality for the compounding group.
• For major outages, liaise with IT management on problem management closeout and root-cause analysis.
• Coordinate desktop hardware, software acquisitions and upgrades.
• Maintain accurate inventory of critical hardware and work with regional IT if a need is identified.
• Under the guidance of IT management, manage small-size projects that give value to the compounding facility
• Perform other duties as assigned at other Baxter sites in Canada
Qualifications for this role
• Working knowledge in Desktop Support environment.
• Demonstrate experience troubleshooting and resolving technical problems associated with workstations, networks, hardware and software applications.
• Proficient with software applications particularly with desktop environments. (Windows XP, Windows 7)
• Working knowledge of Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Working knowledge of Exchange.
• Working knowledge of mobile device configuration and maintenance.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills coupled with a strong customer service background.
• Experience with web based ticketing systems.
• Experience in a production environment and demonstrated sense of urgency
• Experience working in a Global organization in multi-platform environment
• Exposure to critical network components as well as CITRIX
Years of Experience
• Minimum of one year experience in a desktop support role in an enterprise-level environment.
• Three or more years’ experience in a desktop support role in an enterprise-level environment.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.