Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Quality Engineer II is responsible to review and analyze quality data, identify emerging issues, and drive continuous improvements as part of the Renal Peritoneal Dialysis Quality Engineering Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data from product quality inputs (including: device log cloud data, device manufacturing and service data, complaints) to determine trends and systemic issues. Prepare and issue reports based on analysis and present to Product Support Teams.
- Drive projects for process and product improvements
- As necessary, support review of individual complaints and associated service data to determine risk level and complete investigation into the as determined problem for each complaint.
Qualifications for this role
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge in the use of Python or R for data analysis and visualization
- Working knowledge on how to query data from an SQL database
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering
- One to 3 years experience
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.