Prof II-Information Technology-System Support
Req #: 180000JU_en
Location: Bangalore, KA IN
Job Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: 1/5/2018 1:59:42 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Lead and direct a technical team focused on build and deployment for mission critical applications.
- Drive productivity and lead the focus on automation and continuous improvement.
- Direct, own, and manage the software build, integration and deployment, and be able to troubleshoot and identify root causes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including Scrum and Delivery teams to meet business goals.
- Define and ensure adherence to Quality processes, carry out Installation and Operation Qualification procedures for medical device software.
- Work with developers, testing team, and peers to design and develop automated solutions for continuous build, test, and deployment.
- Identify industry best practices/solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes and practices, relentlessly drive for standardization, automation and self-services.
- Strong communicator who partners with team for production deployment / release, knowledge transfer and documentation.
- Proven experience with large scale, customer facing, global solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with Linux (Redhat, Centos, or Ubuntu) system administration, fluent with shell scripting. Experience with Windows server administration and tools, including PowerShell.
- Cloud Operations experience, including designing/establishing infrastructure utilizing:
- Cloud Infrastructure (PAAS & IAAS)
- OS - Wintel and Unix & Guest OS - VMware or similar
- Oracle or any RDBMS database systems
- IoT Platforms
- Experience with Tomcat, Liferay Portal and IBM MQ Servers
- Development or administration experience with Oracle Database.
- Working knowledge with JMS/messaging queue, network, security and virtualization.
- Experience with most of the SDLC tools, such as:
- SVN, Git
- Maven and/or Ant
- Jenkins for Continuous Integration
- Artifactory or other package management tools
- JIRA for agile planning and issue tracking
- Selenium Web Driver
- Tomcat server
- Apache web server
- Experience with Configuration Management with Puppet or Chef or Ansible are highly desired.
- Experience with load testing, in particular jMeter & Mercury Load runner
- Java and Spring development experience are highly desired.
- Experience in managing and directing teams, and managing relationship with stakeholders.
- Must be a self-motivator and team player.
- Passionate with continuous learning and keeping up with latest technologies.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic