Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift Tuesday - Saturday 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Must understand corporate specifications and plant SOP's governing the operation of the Galaxy process and local GMP.
- Monitor assigned manufacturing lines and communicate with manufacturing to reduce down time.
- Provide a high level of troubleshooting ability to repair mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Review current PMs, verify parts are in stock and complete PMs on time.
- Build and rebuild machine assemblies.
- Communicate equipment issues and work status to supervision, manufacturing, and management per the plant's Stop and Fix guidelines.
- Initiate work orders using the Maximo CMMS system.
- Perform PM work and assign work related to the Galaxy process when work is required to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency. Ensure proper and timely completion of related documentation.
- Note in Maximo or other downtime tracking method any problems, breakdowns or alarms related to all equipment. Initiate a work order, and additional documentation required to resolve the issue. Review equipment trends related to the issues and support efforts to eliminate reoccurring problems.
- The Maintenance Technician will share knowledge and train less experienced technicians in the Galaxy process and all related equipment including safety, 6S, PM's associated with the RLD and RLN facilities.
- Learn to handle robots in all normal production modes, troubleshoot and identify problems related to robots, machine output and quality defects as they occur.
- Solicit help from Lead technicians and engineering assistance when needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the Baxter Code of Conduct.
- Maintain 100% on time completion of all required training.
Qualifications for this role
- Prior experience working in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Ability to read & understand electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Develop strong troubleshooting skills.
- Develop a good understanding of programmable logic controllers.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, have strong teamwork and communication skills, both verbally and written, good documentation skills and practices, strong computer skills, customer oriented, work safely and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Skilled in MS Word, MS Excel and Maximo or similar CMMS.
- Desire to broaden knowledge and improve skill level is imperative.
- A candidate must not be allergic to Penicillin and Cephalosporin or their related products and minerals.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required, technical certifications a plus
Associates degree in a technical discipline or above a plus
3 - 5+ years manufacturing systems experience preferred
2+ years of manufacturing systems experience with Associates degree
1+ year of manufacturing systems experience with a Bachelor's degree
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.