Production Technician (Saturday-Wednesday)
- Run Galaxy Machine
- Set up equipment
- Perform sterilization
- Management of Datalogger output
- Troubleshoot alarms
- Make process adjustment in accordance with GMP's and Plant Procedures
- Responsible for In-Process inspections and all related documentation in accordance to specifications
- Issue ports, build embosser, clean pressure vessel
- Perform line clearances
- Build and perform integrity testing on all production sterilizing filters
- Maintain area housekeeping
- Perform tasks related to drug formulation, weighing, cleaning the mix complex, tanks and equipment, distilled water sanitation, filter integrity testing and documentation necessary for traceability according to specifications and procedures
- Perform drop sanitization
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime required
Qualifications for this role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work independently
- Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label and directional insert dispensing equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in GMP Mfg.
Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP's, SPEC's, Job-specific training materials, GMP's, and other manuals.
Basic math skills required.
Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. A high level of independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include releasing of product, scheduling, etc. This person must have the ability to work independently, and the ability to evaluate appropriate resources for problem resolution. Resources used may include supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP's and manuals.
Other Skills and Abilities
Requires the operation of multiple types of equipment related to the mix and fill operation as well as hand operated equipment, but not limited to, such things as calipers, scales, gauges, and other measuring devices.
Requires the ability to demonstrate the proficiency in reading of gauges, blueprints, calibrated cylinders, and templates.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/30 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
- Frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs, occasional lifting of 50 lbs
- Frequent pushing and pulling of 15-40 lbs
- Frequent walking, bending, standing, stooping, squatting, and climbing of step/ladders.
- Frequent movement of the hands and wrist and have the ability to reach up and out
- Wear a respirator
- Work in confined spaces
- Wear protective equipment
- Work with pressurized equipment, hot surfaces
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.