Tool & Die Maker
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate, install, repair and rebuild a variety of machine tools and parts to support
- operating capabilities of production and service equipment
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements
- Makes prototypes of newly designed product parts for testing and evaluation.
- Skillfully fits parts and components to close tolerances requiring precise alignment and adjustment.
- Inspects parts using measuring instruments.
- Performs programming for editing on assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoots advanced production problems.
- Establishes fabrication procedures for new and difficult parts. May fabricate metal (and
- other materials) parts for experimental or prototype equipment.
- Decides layout, selection of material, procedures and machining methods.
- May create special tools and fixtures for prototype and production work.
- May design desktop drawings/models and programs (ex. ProE or CAD).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.