Mgr, Environ Health & Safety
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Develop, implement, manage, and/or ensure compliance for Environmental, Safety, and industrial hygiene compliance programs.
- Evaluate and act upon new environmental & safety regulations.
- Manage site activities which impact areas of environmental and/or safety compliance with Federal, State, or Local regulations.
- In collaboration with management, assist in developing and implementing site policies concerning environmental and safety issues.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding new air permits related to operations and construction.
- Negotiate and secure contracts for hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to, Environmental & Safety Associates and Occupational Nursing staff.
- Primary contact for regulatory agencies such as EPA and OSHA for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Assist with communication, information gathering, evaluating and responding to events or conditions that are not consistent with our operations.
- Provide facility representation during various EHS audits including outside agency inquiries/inspections.
- Assist with EHS audits at the Corporate and Regional levels.
- Assist in the completion of annual EHS reporting requirements into Baxter’s Environmental Reporting System (ERS). Assist in the validation of the quarterly ERS data from individual facilities. Develop regional EHS reports as needed.
- Provide a monthly summary to the regional Director of EHS regarding pertinent facility EHS information.
- Assist with tracking and communication of regulatory requirements within the region.
- Assure that plans are developed and executed to assure that Baxter’s activities are conducted in compliance with applicable laws.
- Assist facilities with EHS training and develop written programs where applicable.
- Provide information and direction to management on potential threats to the business that may result in legal action against our organization or company officers.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Majority of work is indoors both inside and outside of production areas.
- Wearing personal protective equipment in the form or eye, head and foot protection, hearing protection and may require the occasional use of a respirator.
- Ability to operate a car and travel via air, rail or other means of passenger conveyance at frequencies of approximately 5% - 20%.
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety or related field required
- M.S. Degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in related position required
- Must be conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations.
Must hold a registered professional certification in the environmental or safety field (i.e. CHMM, CSP, or CIH)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.