Sr. Communications Associate, Digital/External Corporate Communications
DescriptionSr. Communications Associate, Digital/External Corporate Communications
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Seeking a dynamic, self-starter to join our external communications team to help tell Baxter’s story in new ways to drive brand awareness and stakeholder engagement.
• Baxter is undergoing a transformation that will enable the company better accomplish our stated mission to save and sustain lives, and we need a highly- motivated communications professional who wants to help tell Baxter’s story in across Baxter’s social media channels and through earned media.
• This role works alongside our internal, product and therapy, regional and country communicators, looking for opportunities to tell Baxter’s story in new and different ways that drive the Baxter brand forward.
• This role will be responsible for developing and executing external communications programs with a focus on digital communications for Baxter.com and social media platforms including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
• The role will also support earned media relations activities for the corporation and its leadership. The candidate must have experience in social media channel management from strategy development to implementation.
• The candidate must have excellent writing skills across a variety of formats. They will identify and develop copy for Baxter.com, Baxter’s social media channels, and general media materials.
• Digital Communications Strategy, Programming and Implementation: Develop strategy and programming, and implement communications programs leveraging social media to drive external awareness and to enhance and protect Baxter’s corporate reputation.
• Content Development, Posting, Monitoring and Measurement:Responsible for developing content that educates and engages Baxter’s stakeholders. The Senior Associate will be a key resource for the communications department and provide counsel to other Baxter departments regarding digital programs.
• Writing/Editing: Write consistently in an influential, moving and memorable style. Connect messages across vehicles to influence broader opportunities and ensure consistency and reinforcement of critical messages. Edit for style, consistency and fluidity across all communications channels.
• Media Relations and Issues Management Support: Support media relations and issues management activities leveraging digital platforms. Manager must be proficient in social media monitoring and recommend engagement activities tailored to issue/media response management.
• Vendor/Agency Engagement: Support management of external vendors engaged in digital communications activities.
Key Experiences, Attributes & Education
• Self-starter, digital savvy with passion for storytelling.
• Demonstrated experience in digital and social media program development and implementation.
• Excellent writer with proven writing ability across different channels and types of communications including social media copy, news releases, FAQ’s, fact sheets, etc. that are clear, concise and persuasive.
• Strong project management skills with an ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of communications channels.
• Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization, including executives.
• Media relations experience.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Excellent creative skills.
• Possess a “can do” attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, marketing communications, digital communications, journalism, public relations or advertising, or transferrable area.
• Proven job track record where written communications, social media and media relations are well-demonstrated.
• Five years’ experience in communications including social and digital-focused programs.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.