Portfolio Territory Manager/Medical Devices-Renal - RI-CT-Westchester County, NY
DescriptionPortfolio Territory Business Manager/Medical Devices-Renal
Connecticut, Rhode Island, Westchester County, NY
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Baxter Renal portfolio includes innovative technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), in-center and home hemodialysis (HD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) (Acute), multi-organ extracorporeal support therapy and additional dialysis services.
• The Portfolio Manager will coordinate the resources aligned to their geography including Clinical Educators (CE) and Therapy Development Specialists (TDS). Must understand all therapies, products and selling process. Responsible for negotiating all contracts and serves as the point for all contractual communications. Leads all strategy across the Acute, PD, and HD therapies. Coordinates resource cohesion, collaboration, and implementation across the geography. Develops and maintains strategic physician and business led relationships.
• Point person for all local interactions (HTI, ATI, Regional Congresses, Vendor Tables). Foster collaboration with cross-functional partners (GTS, Center for One Baxter, Transportation Ops). Home Options Network (HON) liaison for new start PD programs in territory
• Leads all strategy across CRRT, PD, and HD therapies, while driving pre-tax associated margin in support of region, area, and U.S. strategy by partnering with CE and TDS
• Maintain customer relationships at the highest level possible
• Develops and maintains strategic physician and business led relationships
• Drives horizontal contract sell inclusive of all 3 LOB’s (at expiry or otherwise)
• Maintain business pricing excellence standards and ensures proficiency
• Monitors sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential for the geography
• Conducts scientific/ technical sales presentations and discussions related to the portfolio. Continuously increase and sharpen knowledge as well as selling, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Responsible for expanding the existing territory by identifying and closing new business opportunities.
• This person should have a track record of managing multiple projects and/or businesses while consistently meeting or exceeding sales objectives
• Ability to work in consultative manner with customers
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other team members to ensure successful new business conversions and development at customer sites while supporting the goals of the business
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage pricing contracts and renewals
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• May be required to load and unload equipment into and out of vehicle
• Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years sales experience in a medical field required
• Advanced consultative sales skills including excellent interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to relate to various levels of management and staff in the hospital and clinic environment
• Demonstrated Negotiating Skills with ability to initiate, execute and close associated contractual processes
• Demonstrated forecasting skills
Credentialing Requirements (applicable to health care industry representatives only)
• Able to comply with customer credentialing requirements in order to gain and maintain access to assigned facilities. Requirements are defined by each customer and typically include health vaccinations, training documentation, drug screens, criminal and personal background checks and information regarding health program sanctions (such as those regulated by the Office of Inspector, the General Service Administration and the Food and Drug Administration)
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.