Sr. Finance Manager – Technical Accounting
DescriptionSr. Finance Manager – Technical Accounting
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Interfaces with a broad spectrum of Finance and non-Finance personnel globally – both in the businesses and across Corporate functions such as Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax, Stockholder Services and Legal.
• Provides excellent top-level exposure to the financial performance of Baxter and each of its businesses.
• Excellent exposure and development in U.S. GAAP and SEC rules.
• Newly-created position and group
• Individual contributor/key influencer at first; expected to eventually build out team
· Lead the company’s technical accounting research and related accounting application, as well as accounting policy development.
· Conduct organizational training, as necessary, regarding new accounting pronouncements and company accounting policy.
· Effectively communicate complex accounting matters to various levels within the organization, including executive leadership.
· Evaluate complex business transactions and advise regional/functional/business leadership regarding accounting implications.
· Support business development activities including business combinations and purchase accounting, valuations, investments, impairment analysis, etc.
· Manage evaluation of technical accounting matters with company’s external auditors.
· Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings and other external financial reporting.
· Oversee various technical accounting areas which may include derivatives and hedging, pensions, restructuring, stock-based compensation, leasing, revenue recognition, etc.
· Participate in the effort to maintain Baxter’s SOX compliance.
· Identify and implement process improvements
· Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Accounting. CPA required.
· Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience. Public accounting experience with a national accounting firm preferred.
· Strong technical, research, and analytical skills.
· Close attention to detail, quality, and control.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an efficient and timely manner.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, organizing, prioritizing and communicating effectively.
· Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong Excel skills; experience with Hyperion a plus.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.