Clinical Renal Educator-HD and CRRT/RN Required
DescriptionClinical Renal Educator-HD and CRRT/RN Required
Position Territory: United States (90% Travel)
Note: prefer candidates be based in St. Louis, Portland, Philadelphia or Baltimore
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter Renal Overview
The Renal portfolio includes innovative technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), in-center and home hemodialysis (HD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) (Acute), multi-organ extracorporeal support therapy and additional dialysis services.
• Provide ongoing education, demos, and evaluations for facilities in IHD (Intermittent Hemodiaysis), CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) and TPE (Therapeutic Plasma Exchange). Requires extensive travel (90%). Promote product demonstrations during education sessions and document product leads in the current CRM. Document and provide written solutions to recurring problems for client use incorporating use of corporate label approval policies. Develops and uses collaborative relationship to facilitate the accomplishment of business goals with both internal (sales) and external customers.
• Provides therapy, technical and operation consultation to hemodialysis contract services and hospitals utilizing Baxter Healthcare renal equipment during post-implementation phases for acute product lines. Conduct on-site customer training. Continuously increase and sharpen therapy and technical knowledge as well as presentation skills. Responsible for being able to conduct in-services on the acute business product line. Responsible for being able to conduct scientific / technical presentations and discussions on the acute therapy. Works in a consultative manner with customers and in collaboration with other acute business team members.
• Prepare weekly calendar updates. Effectively meets or exceeds customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer’s satisfaction and loyalty.
• Account Management - Collaborate with the Therapy Development team and Portfolio Management team to prioritize account education.
• Coordinate and manage resources to provide necessary customer service. Track and analyze progress. Manage budget and expenses, adhere to company policies and communicate effectively with corporate and field personnel. Maintain a positive, proactive approach to problem solving. Keeps current with developments and trends in Extracorporeal Therapy.
• Assist sales and marketing management with special requests by acting as a member of a task force. Provide sales marketing management with field updates and competitive information. Participates in sales meetings. Assumes responsibility of turning in all required written reports on a timely basis.
• RN license required. Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
• Heavy travel 75% - 90%
• Minimum of two years clinical experience required, preferably in Critical Care and Hemodialysis environment.
• Strong, demonstrated expertise in product and therapy knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to take a positive, proactive approach to solving complex and/or unusual clinical or technical problems.
• Demonstrated expertise in product and therapy knowledge.
• Demonstrated self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to teach.
• Good interpersonal, communicative and oral skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Computer knowledge required. (Microsoft Office)
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, physicians, nurses and other medical staff.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, proactive manner with customers during stressful situations.
• Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to push dialysis equipment, which is on wheels, from one location to another, and be able to lift up to 25lbs in solutions and accessories.
• Must be able to drive for extended distances and fly for extended timeframes.
• Requires the ability to travel with appropriate tools and/or resources to perform responsibilities (i.e. laptop computer, projector, ipad, etc).
• Must be able to travel extensively.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.